A range of discharge services are offered with the aim of reducing hospital stays; reducing admittance; and readmittance; and supporting regular attenders of Accident & Emergency and Urgent Treatment Centre services access community-based services.
Who is supported?
- People 60 plus
- Carers supporting those being discharged
Reactive Discharge and Support Services Provided:
- Support with discharge from A&E including transport and take home and settle, and appropriate follow up.
- Support in A&E for individuals and carers attending A&E who would benefit from support while in A&E
- Patients’ unpaid carers identified and supported.
- Wider support of individual and carers on a long-term basis signposting to relevant Third sector organisations.
- Reduction in delayed discharges
- Reduced hospital stays
- Reduced hospital re-admissions
- Improved patient satisfaction
- Improved Unpaid Carer wellbeing, enabling them to support patients better