Make a positive difference for Harrow residents and communities through joining our board of trustees
Harrow Together is a consortium working to strengthen the voluntary & community sector. We provide an opportunity for Harrow organisations to work in partnership to secure larger contracts.
Through Harrow Giving we fund, support and empower a range of diverse local projects to make a positive difference in the lives of Harrow residents.
This is done by collecting donations from residents, local employees, businesses, and philanthropists and providing volunteering opportunities.
We are looking for people willing to bring energy, enthusiasm and a commitment to our vision and goals, will take an active role and who will broaden the diversity of thinking on our board.
Individuals with the following skills or experience would be particularly welcomed:
- commissioning / contract and partnership knowledge,
- understanding of issues affecting local residents and communities
- internal experience of health & social care systems
- legal expertise
- finance experience
- income generation,
- grant giving
We particularly welcome applications from people of colour, under 40s, people with a disability, those identifying as LGBTQ+ and Harrow residents as we are looking to further diversify our board of trustees.
Benefits to you
- strategic oversight experience including business planning, critical thinking, problem solving and team and partnership working
- an opportunity to make a difference to small local charities and in turn to their beneficiaries
- expanding your professional experience, using the skills you have in another context
- an understanding of the voluntary sector
- Attending at least 4 Board meetings and 1 AGM annually. Currently meetings are held in person at a Harrow location.
- Attending an annual strategy day
- Responding to e-mails in between meetings
- Joining and attending a minimum of 1 project oversight group
Next steps If you are interested in this opportunity please e-mail email@example.com and request an application pack.